Cigarette Free at Last!!

Sunday, April 9, 2017

How about some homemade coffee creamers? :)

Good morning!! 

Anyone else tired of spending a fortune on flavored liquid coffee creamers?...I sure am...SO!...I made my own...I tweaked the recipes because I wanted them to LAST LONGER, SO I MADE LIQUID NON-DAIRY CREAMER INSTEAD OF MILK to make my base recipe (they'll last longer, because they're not made with milk) and because I thought they were TOO sweet...you can use the low-fat or fat-free sweetened condensed milk, but I used regular (it can last 2-3 weeks once opened, but I doubt your creamer will last that long! LOL)...I also added a few shakes of salt from the shaker to cut the sweetness and act as a preservative...I saved my empty name-brand creamer containers, so I didn't even have to tear off the labels or even relabel them (but it's not an endorsement of any product over another. They are large enough to hold the amount I made.)...because they're warm, I'm leaving the tops open just a little until they're completely cool...so here you go! :)
 
I use a large mixing bowl with a spout and handle you can get at the dollar store for most of my liquid recipes. Makes it easier to pour into funnels or jars.

**REMEMBER! You can put salt in, but you can't take it out. So go easy on the salt!!

To begin, I made 5 cups of liquid creamer from powdered:

5 cups of water, heated in the microwave until hot (about 2 1/2 minutes), you can boil the water if you'd like, but let it cool until it's warm.
2 1/2 cups of plain powdered creamer (which ever kind you normally use)
Slowly add the creamer to the heated water, mix with a wire whisk or slotted spoon until no clumps remain. Set aside.

Caramel Macciato Creamer
(original recipe is here: http://www.shugarysweets.com/2014/07/caramel-macchiato-coffee-creamer)

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp espresso powder
14oz sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup caramel sauce
2 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions
In a quart size mason jar, combine 1/2 cup of the milk with the espresso powder. Microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk smooth, and heat an additional 30 seconds. Add remaining milk, sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce and vanilla. Screw top on mason jar and shake vigorously until combined.
Store in refrigerator.
Notes
**Use fat free milk and fat free sweetened condensed milk to cut some of the fat.
**I use caramel ice cream topping.
**To determine how long this will last, go by the date on your milk.

These are my changes to the recipe:
1) I used my liquid creamer instead of milk.
2) I didn't have espresso powder, so I used a HEAPING teaspoon of instant coffee. (I buy the store brand, so it's usually stronger for some reason.) You can use decaf if you wanted to, I don't think it matters, we're going for "taste" here.
3) I added a few "shakes" of salt from the shaker and stirred.
4) It was WAY too sweet in my opinion, since I add sugar to my coffee anyway. So, I added another cup of my liquid creamer. At that point, it was still a bit sweet, so I added another shake of salt. Tasted really good to me, so I poured it into my empty bottle, shook it well, then left the top open a bit and put in the fridge. DONE!

Chocolate Caramel Creamer (pictured)
(Original recipes are here, there wasn't one for what I wanted to make, so I improvised! TONS of flavors here: http://www.mrshappyhomemaker.com/homemade-coffee-creamer-over-20-flavor-varieties/


Base recipe:
14oz sweetened condensed milk
1 3/4 cup milk or cream (whole, lowfat, skim, almond, soy, heavy cream, half & half etc – whatever your preference, however the more fat, the more creaminess)

Mix the ingredients together well. I like to add them to a mason jar and shake it like crazy. You could also opt to use an old (washed) creamer container. Refer to the directions & tips at the very end of the post as well.
1) I used my liquid creamer instead of milk.
2) I used 1/4 cup of caramel topping and 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup. You can use sugar-free versions if you'd like. I don't think it matters, we're going for "taste" here, so you can add more or less to your liking of either one. I added another squirt of chocolate after tasting the finished product. ;)
3) I added a few "shakes" of salt from the shaker and stirred.
4) It was WAY too sweet in my opinion, since I add sugar to my coffee anyway. So, I added another cup of my liquid creamer. At that point, it was still a bit sweet, so I added another shake of salt. Tasted really good to me, so I poured it into my empty bottle, shook it well, then left the top open a bit and put in the fridge. DONE!
This recipe made a little more than my container holds, so I put the extra in a jelly jar and put the lid on loosely and into the fridge till cold.

 
Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome! Sorry I forgot to post it earlier! Let us know if you come up with some other yummy flavors! :)

      Delete
    2. Hey cuz! Found something. Not sure if I found the right stuff. You know I'm new to all this.
      http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/homemade-coffee-creamers/

      Delete
    3. Oh those look yummy! I bet you could exchange soy milk or almond milk for the half and half if you can't do milk. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I sure will if I find any more yummy flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I posted a link a few days ago. Did you ever get a chance to look at it? Not sure if I found a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, Keep it civil! Have fun!