Cigarette Free at Last!!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Like "sea glass" or colored glass? Try this!

I ran across a really cool post the other day...same place I got the single serve cookie recipe. Whenever we would to down to West Palm Beach, Florida, we would go to the beach and look for sea glass. Sea glass is actual pieces of glass from shipwrecks off the coasts. The pieces look really cool in a decorative container or glass. Here is a way to imitate it. I'm trying to figure out a way to make it permanent, because it would save me some money on amber glass I'm going to be using for my business. Here's how you do it, but if you don't find a way to make it permanent, it will wash right off or run if you get it wet. You might want to consider that the color will stain your hands, clothes or what it is sitting on if it does get wet. Someone suggested trying Aleen's OK to Wash It glue. I'm thinking of trying some clear coat spray paint. I'll let you know what I figure out! Here's the how to:

Mix Elmer's glue with food coloring to paint onto anything glass to create a sea glass effect when dry.





A lot of people were asking how much glue to how much food coloring. I'm sure all you really need to do is just experiment until you get a color you like. As usual, it may dry lighter or darker, depending on the color you use. The good part is, if you don't like the results? Wash it off and try again... :o)

1 comment:

  1. I tried this and did an imitation of amber glass for the oils I'm making for my products. I then used clear coat spray paint to see if it would set it so I wouldn't have to worry about getting it wet or washing it. Guess what? It worked... :o)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean, Keep it civil! Have fun!